Discuss what works and what doesn't with user reviews of products.
By VolsFan
My doctor offered to write me a prescription for Celebrex, which I understand is an NSAID. Is this effective for treating gout flares? There are some nasty risks that I see with it. I'd prefer to try treating my gout naturally but I'm not opposed to trying this if it works.
By Karen
Welcome to the forum VolsFan! Celebrex is a Cox-2 Inhibitor class of NSAID, which are fairly new to the market. It is important to note that taking any NSAID for gout pain relief is a short term solution. I would be 100% against taking Celebrex long term. The risks of dangerous side effects increase exponentially the longer you take them.

To be honest I'd much prefer to see you get to the point where you can successfully prevent flares and keeping Celebrex as a back up in case a flare does occur. Thats the best case scenario. :D

Karen
By VolsFan
Thanks Karen! I'm going to just save the Celebrax in case I ever have a flare. I'm intrigued by that "Gout Code" book I might try that and get some Uricel to try and manage this naturally. It really sounds like those prescriptions are nasty.
By Karen
Vols, that sounds like a great plan. May I ask what you are currently using for natural remedies? I think getting "The Gout Code" and Uricel would be a great first step. :D
Karen
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]